#TWKatHome Family Fridays
Books that Create a Spark!
Wendy Jeffries, Executive Director, TasteWise Kids
Our #TWKFamilyFridays series is where we hope to provide you with resources to both learn a little more about the world of food and its sources, and connect with one another in the process.
Reading Between the Tines
If you are like me, moving into the winter months means more finding yourself inside more with little ones. At our house, this means more book/reading time. Here’s a great list of children’s books from Food Tank that spark interest, knowledge and learning around food for young readers.
Here’s a few we love at my house:
- How Did That Get in My Lunchbox? by Chris Butterworth, illustrated by Lucia Gaggiotti
- How to Feed Your Parents by Ryan Miller, illustrated by Hatem Aly
- Up in the Garden and Down in the Dirt by Kate Messner
And a few we plan to read next:
- Maddi’s Fridge by Lois Brandt, illustrated by Vin Vogel
- Yoko by Rosemary Wells
- Food Fight! A Mouthwatering History of Who Ate What and Why Through the Ages by Tanya Steel
What books would you add to this list? Whether food related or not, share your family's winter reading list with us on Facebook (@TasteWiseKids) or Instagram (@tastewise_kids)! You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.