Step up your after school snack game!
Photo by Jessica Ruscello on Unsplash
by Kerry Flanagan, TasteWise Kids Manager of Community Engagement and Support
For our next installment with Jordan Zelesnick of @jzeats, we asked her to help us create a kid friendly after school snack, and what she came up with is a perfect kiddo twist on a very popular adult favorite, perfect for when the after school munchies hit, or even those nights when you need to get a yummy and nutritious dinner on the table quickly. This one is a crowd pleaser and can be customized to any palate, and is also a great way to clean out your fridge!
If you’re not following already, also check out @jzeats for her amazing recipes, including snack boards!
Kid Friendly After School Snack Board
– fresh fruit like grapes, melon, blueberries, clementines – whatever is in season!
– raw vegetables like celery, carrots, radishes, bell peppers – whatever your kids love!
– cheese slices
- Cut the fruit up into bite sized pieces. Fruit like grapes or clementines can be placed directly on the board, while others like blueberries and melon should be served in small bowls on the board.
- Place the hummus in a small bowl in the center of the board and arrange the other ingredients around it.
– You can use small cookie cutters to cut vegetables like peppers into fun shapes!
– Serve with toothpicks on the side to keep germs away from the snack board.
– You can add whatever finger foods your kids love to the board! Try adding mini peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or some cured meats.