Spread the Love
Photo Credit: Lauren Conrad DIY Potted Plant Valentines
By Brittany French, TasteWise Kids
In honor of Valentine’s Day, we’ve made a calendar of love: here are 10 things you can do in the month of February to celebrate and spread the love, TasteWise Kids style! ♥
- Get in touch with Brittany [email@example.com] to get on our volunteer update list for our Spring Days of Taste semester or check out other ways to volunteer with us.
- Make something delicious for someone you love. Start the day with a Valentine’s Overnight Oats Breakfast and end with this Winter Roasted Butternut Squash Black Lentil Salad with Grapes + Arugula.
- Visit Waverly Farmer’s Market, or any farmer’s market in your area, to support farmers all year round – even in the cold!
- Serve a meal. Don’t forget that help for the hungry is needed at times other than Thanksgiving or Christmas, you can share the love by helping out at your local shelter or soup kitchen.
- Support those that support TasteWise Kids by visiting the restaurants of our chefs from Days of Taste and Farm to Chef.
- Something sweet. Here are healthier Valentine’s themed recipes for cake pops and a fun Tic Tac Toe Valentine (snack, craft, and game in one!) to make with kids.
- Join us tomorrow night for a special Valentine’s Day Wine Dinner, benefiting TasteWise Kids.
- Show your kids how important giving their time can be and plan to volunteer with them: February Volunteer Opportunities.
- Conversation plants. A simple craft or even a gift to share thoughtful sentiments: Potted Plant Valentines. Bonus points for growing herbs to use in your recipes!
- Help your neighbors. Search for food drives in your area from this list of Maryland Food Pantries.